Cafe OLU

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Losing Weight

A-chan and I have been gaining weight since... long time ago. A-chan has gained about 20 lbs last a few years but he still doesn't look fat as some of you know. When he was 155lbs, people used to say he was thin but I never thought so. I still don't think so. Now he doesn't look a 18 years old boy anymore as a wife of his buddy said so. He looks like a man now. He doesn't look fat at all but his BMI is higher than mine. He is actually just enter "Overweight" of BMI. !!! Anyway, I don't trust BMI because some of us are heavy from muscle, not from fat. A-chan's case is like that. He is still fit. To me, how much fat we have is much more important than BMI.
As for me, yes, I am fat. I need to lose at least 10 lbs, possibly 20 lbs. I have been gaining weight since I moved here. I don't like the fat I have around my belly, thigh and butt. Even though my BMI is in "Normal" range, I have more fat than A-chan does. I tried several exercise but when I am in school, it is hard to cook healthy and do exercise. Especially when I have hard classes like Physical Chemistry. Luckily, my school is huge. So I park far from my classroom and walk a lot. I also have to walk a lot in the campus because my classrooms are located all over the campus, from north east to south west part of school. But obviously that is not enough to lose fat. I am not sure how to lose fat but I found several exercise I like.
Here are my favorite exercise DVD or programs.
Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting
Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds express super challenge 4 miles
Yogajournal's Yoga Step By Step
Total Body Sculpt with Gilad Hips, Thighs, Buttocks, Arms and Abs on fitTV
All Star Workouts by Petra Kolber
I try to do some of the exercise written above and when I have time I go for a walk with A-chan for about one or two hours.
We also try not to eat out a lot. As some of you know, we love eating and we eat a lot when we eat out. A-chan also try not to buy American size lunch. Instead, he take lunch to work now.
We will see how much we will lose. A-chan already lost a lot. Me, not... ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you have tried pilates... I like it alot, but there are not so many classes in this town.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home